Tuesday, April 13, 2010

A train trip to Dutch Land...the wonderful Lexembourg.





For those who know little about this small country, I am quoting the Wikipedia Luxembourg, officially the Grand Duchy of Luxembourg is a small, landlocked country in western Europe, bordered by Belgium, France, and Germany. Luxembourg has a population of over half a million people in an area of approximately 2,586 square kilometres

I got a chance to travel to this small and beautiful country in Europe. The purpose of the trip was to renew Anoop's Visa. I forgot to mention about Anoop, he is my first buddy in my professional life. We started our friendship from my first company I joined. He is like the fun loving kind of guy who is very easy going, not much bothered about any problems of the life (if any...). His nature had huge influence on my behaviour also. The story of our great journeys will be too heavy for a blog page to handle. I will recollect each and every single bit from my memory and will try to stitch it together sometime later in this blog.


Our journey to Luxembourg starts from the main train station in Frankfurt (Germany). Frankfurt (Main) .In terms of railway traffic, it is the busiest railway station in Germany.

From Frankfurt am Main, multiple changeovers are required – usually in Koblenz and Trier – for a journey taking around four hours.

We took ticket to Luxembourg Ville (main train station). I think the train to Trier took about 2.5 or 3 hours and then another hour or so to Lux Ville.

I had a very high expectation on this train journey, from the internet and the movies I saw. I had very beautiful picture of Europe ,full of Mountains which are covered with green carpet of grass. But my expectations were wrong….

We didn’t find any wallpaper kind of places in our journey. The whole path were filled with bushes , wine yard (not so green), small towns with only few houses. We hardly find any human beings in half of our journey in train. But one thing I was happy is that I saw few Castles on the way which I assume to be the Vacation spots of the Billionaires in Europe







The train route - goes along the Rhine river and you can see a bunch of castles.

We reached Lux Ville at around quarter pass twelve. We had to rush to the embassy over there for the Visa renew. After all the formalities ,we decided to roam around the city .Our return train was at 5pm eve so enough time to explore a new place. We both were very hungry , we got into an Indian Restaurant .We ordered a couple of beers, some rice , roti and chicken curry...

After having a very costly lunch we headed to explore the Grand Dutch Country. The city have a very nice shopping street with items from world famous designers. Like we always do ,we satisfied with window shoping.





In the middle of the city there is one old Catholic Church, the interior of the Church is very beautiful with a warm feeling of peace and silence . I spend more than ½ hour inside that.

















The next thing which catch my attention was a long bridge which connects two corners of the city. Its a masterpiece from the Dutch people. It reminds me of the Veduruthy Bridge in Kochi, which is a wonder of British Technology.






After roaming here and there we came back to the Train Station.Out side of the train station I found lot of young boys and girls who were smoking ans drinking ,making lot of fuzz.

Now the most funniest thing , I got a call from Nature and I managed to locate the restroom. But it’s a pre paid kind of restroom where I paid 1euro (approx:56 Indian Rs). That day I realised the value of our country, the freedom we get in IndiaJ. You guesseed it right...luxury of doin it in any nuke and corner without paying a single penny.

We started our journey back to frankfurt .

No comments:

Post a Comment