Saturday, April 3, 2010

My Hong Kong Trip - Day 1




Day 1

I woke up at 8am ,hearing the wake up call from Sumesh.
Afte all the morning duties I had dosa and chutni for the breakfast.
We started our day 1 trip at around 11am , the destination is "peak"
We started walking through the streets of "Wanchai " the place where my friend is staying.
My first impression about hk was not impressive,I saw flats on both sides of the road,most of them have their expiry date missed a few years back. The streets were not that clean enough,coming from Singapore (where cleanliness is a high priority and heavy fine for littering)I felt a little bit awkward,because the picture I had in my mind about hk was like a fairyland. I felt like I was walking through some streets in india.
I saw old trams,buses,small shops etc...but not really a metropolitian environment.
I forgot to mention about the climate in hk.its a moody climate.The climate we get in Kerala during the monsoon season, the climate which will make the kids lazy to got to school,the climate which will make the husband stay in bed under the warm of his lovely wife.
We went to the peak station. The peak station will give us an exotic ride in classic looking tramps which will take us to the peak in approx 15 mins ride , which inlcude the a step slope of 14degree.
The 'peak' is a mountain which contains private apartments and a tourist spot which is called the "terrace". The terrace tower will give a mind blowing view of the Hongkong sky scrapers.Its a very nice place which I wont forget.The peak gives you feeling that you in hill station in India, like Munnar or Kodai.
After a couple of hours we came down the peak in the same tramp by which we climbed.the differnce is that we are going in a backward direction
At around around 6pm we started over journey to view the skyscrapers in night mode.
I will qoute the words which I saw in the poster in harbour , by the national geographic traveller.
"The journey by the fery to the other side of city is one of the 50 moments in your life to be experienced"
Anyway I had the luck to perform that journey.The night view of the Hongkong city is an awesome view which u won't forget in your life.
The buildings of almost all the banking gaints are there , standing proudly in their incandescent makeover.For a moment we will think that is there anything else other than these concrete jungles.
After spending a couple of hours we returned back to ourhome.
At about 8pm when I was changing my dress ,I heard sudden sound of fire alarm,
Shyba was screaming . For one moment I was clueless wat the hell is happening.Shyba and Sumesh were running to the emergency exit.I follwed them blindly.
When we reach downstairsthe the old watchman was wondering why the alarm is buzzing.He went upstairs to check whether everything is ok.After few mins he came back like kid who is searching for his lost toy.But to my surprise ,in a 22 storey apartment no one except we 3 people even mind that the crap alarm is buzzing.
After about 45 mins fine engine came.(still none of the residents of the mansion came down)
The fire marchals went up and they came back after 10mins , informed us that everything is ok.
Anyway it was a nice horrifying experience for me in Hongkong .
For the dinner I told that I need "kanji " and "payer"(green gram curry).shyba prepared those items and we had a very nice homely food dinner on my first day of hong kong trip.
Tomorrow we are planning to go to the ocean park.
Gdnite:)

No comments:

Post a Comment